Get married in Anguilla
Why not tie the knot in Anguilla on your favourite beach, resort or cay with the very special people in your life. Create your own authentic experience, it’s your day! Getting married in Anguilla is a dream-like moment that many have not yet woke up from!
Finding a Wedding Planner
Wedding Planners – both private or resort recommended – are here to ensure that you don’t need to lift a finger, this is a vacation, it’s only right. Wedding planners will work closely with you and bring your hopes and dreams to reality in paradise. You can try Couture Concepts for your wedding planning needs.
Capturing every moment
Capturing your very special moment is just as important as the planning process. Skilled professional photographers are available who can shoot, print and present you with images/video allowing you to relive the moment you got married in paradise! Photo credits (below): Rocklyn Maynary – Professional Photos
How to get married in Anguilla
Couples who intend to be married have two options
- By the Magistrate at the Court House or
- By a Minister of religion who is a registered Marriage Officer for Anguilla
Following this choice, you should
- Visit the Court Registry at least two days prior to the day of marriage to make application for a marriage license
- Present both passports or original birth certificate along with drivers license or some other form of identification (all passports should be valid)
- If divorced, present original divorce documents (Decree Absolute) bearing a Seal of the Court of divorce. We also accept copies of the divorce documents but they must be Certified True copies and signed by a Registrar or Clerk of the Court of divorce
- Present a death certificate if one of the spouses from the previous marriage is deceased
- If parties are under the age of 18 consent must be presented
- Produce EC$100.00 or its equivalent of US$37.20 worth of Anguilla stamps, which can be obtained from the General Post Office in Anguilla
- Make a payment of EC$650.00 or its equivalent of US$241.80 which is the cost of the Marriage license.
- European countries usually stipulate that an Apostille is attached to the Marriage certificate. (An Apostille is a standard certification attesting the validity of a document obtained in a foreign country). The cost of an Apostille is EC$150.00 / US$55.80 cash or by Travellers Cheques. The Apostille can be obtained at The Ministry of Finance in Anguilla
Any questions or inquiries should be directed to the Judicial Department. Phone (264)497-2377/3347 or Fax (264) 497-5420
Now that you have your documentation and have created an authentic and memorable experience in collaboration with your wedding planner and captured by a professional photographer… you may now kiss the bride!
Already tied the knot in Anguilla? Share your experience and special moment with us in the Facebook comment box below.