Support the East End Community Sports Club Fundraiser on January 28
Proceeds towards the development of the Music Department of the Albena Lake-Hodge Comprehensive School
The East End Community Sports Club, a non-profit organisation, has been in existence for over ten years. However, in 2009, President of the Club, Mr. Owen Mussington and member, Ms. Stacie Ruan, embarked on a journey with the aim of proactively undertaking several fundraising initiatives to assist the island of Anguilla in the areas of health and education.
Over the years, the Club has become well known for its fundraising efforts in the form of concerts held throughout the year – the proceeds of which are donated to any institution on the island that is in need.
On Saturday, 28th January, 2017, the East End Community Sports Club will be presenting “Youth in Concert” at 7:00 pm at the St. Augustine’s Anglican Church. The proceeds of this function will go towards to the development of the Music Department of the Albena Lake-Hodge Comprehensive School. Tickets are available (EC$10 for adults and EC$5 for children under 12).
Some of the contributions that have been made by the club thus far are:
- “presentation of a cheque of $5,000 EC to the Health Authority of Anguilla for an infant ventilator in the hospital’s nursery.”
- “two reclining chairs and a Hoyer Lift for the residents of the Miriam Gumbs Senior Citizens Home.”
- “a cheque in the amount of EC$8,500.00 which will be utilized to assist with the purchasing of an autothermic shortwave diathermy unit which is used to stop bleeding during surgery.” For the Princess Alexandra Hospital
Other institutions that have received donations from the Club include:
- Morris Vanterpool and Vivien Vanterpool Primary Schools
- Special Needs Unit of the Albena Lake-Hodge Comprehensive School (Campus B)
- The Arijah Children’s Foundation
- The D.O.V.E Centre
If you would like further information about the club, you can contact Ms. Stacie Ruan, organiser of fundraising activities, at 584 – 0587 or email: email@example.com.
The club would like to express sincere gratitude to their generous sponsors who have stood by their side over the years and the participants who give of their time willingly. It is the desire of the club to continue to assist in these two vital areas.
Want to donate? Here’s a list of other Charitable Causes.